Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Tools

There are always new tools and supplies to be found to help improve quilting.  I am one that is hestitant to buy things unless I know they will help.  Here are a couple that I've just gotten.

This first is the Towa Bobbin  case tension  gauge.  I bought one for my longarm because I really have a problem with the tension.  I used this little contraption and found I had my bobbin tension way too tight.  What I had thought was good was wrong.  Now my machine seems to work much easier and the back side of the quilt looks much better.




 I also bought this Floriani Stitch N Wash Fusible.  I have yet to use it, but will be very soon on the  Heart's Desire Applique that I am doing.  Esther's are so good.  I want mine to look that fine also and I believe this is what she uses.


3 comments:

  1. haven't tried either product...interested in how the fusible does for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can buy the Towa at many places online. Just google in Towa bobbin case tension gauge.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.