Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What to do on a rainy day

It is raining. It's been raining a lot lately, but today it's really raining. I took pictures but the rainfall doesn't really show up very well. But maybe you can see our little chickens running into their coop. They are not out much today.

Today I decided to bind a table runner that I made in a quilt guild class last month. It was great fun. About 25 of us brought our sewing machine and created this French Braid runner. It was a quilt as you go type of thing- nothing I had ever really done before. But I completed it in about 2 hours except for the binding. I had done all the cutting before I took the class.This image shows the back side. I thought the fabric I used on the backing very nice.

I also started cutting out fabrics (minkys, satins, fleece, and flannels) to make taggie blankets for the fun fair. I,m trying to get boyish fabrics in there a little more. I'm also getting red flannel trucks to go with my red minky.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.