I'm stretching myself out on a limb showing me in the sweater I knitted for my sister. She is about my size, so I figured I was the one to get pictures in it, before I shipped it off. She has received the sweater and it does fit her, but her new excitement is her first granddaughter just born yesterday, so it might be a while before I get some pics from her.
This is knit with a tweed wool from Knitpicks. The pattern is a Debbie Bliss. I have knitted baby sweaters of hers with the same kind of collar. They must be one of her favorites.
At my quilt guild, packets of fabrics are put together for members to take home and make into a charity quilt. This quilt is the result of one of those packets. I looked back on my blog and saw that it was the end of June when I received the packets, so it has taken me a while to get this together. My first post is here.
And here is the final result of that packet.
I had fun trying out some quilting ideas that I don't normally do. They are not perfect, but it is fun to do them and finding ways to get better.
This design only showed up on the orange. The other fabrics were too busy. That is something to keep in mind when quilting.
I started the hexie tablerunner, which you can see in a past post, but I made so many hexies that I didn't need for it, I turned them into potholders. The tablerunner is still sitting unfinished, but the potholders are complete.
This summer we went to Leavenworth for a vacation. They had a cute little quilt shop outside of town at one of their fruit markets. I bought this pattern there and am now doing it. It's all a fusable with lots of houses, trees and snow. In the center is the ice skating pond. That is how I'm starting.
I teach my granddaughter and another little girl preschool once a week. I keep a prize box which has mostly been dollar store items for them to choose from. I don't make it too easy for them to get prizes, but then not too hard also. 25 buttons get a prize and there are several ways to get those buttons.
But then I got to thinking that I could put some items I make into it. I did that last week and Izzy did pick one of those items. So that got me inspired.
I found this pattern for this very cute little doll here. Instructions are in Spanish (I think) but pictures are very clear and I did use google translate when I needed to.
Here's my doll. She doesn't have a name. I think the girl who gets her will have to name her.
She does like music.
She is made of felt. Blanket stitch around the edges and pieces are hot glued together.
She was pretty easy to make. Finding the right ribbon and buttons was the hardest part.
I had this hanging to the point that I was going to put it on my longarm and try to put the black strips on that way. Here it is in that state.
You know how it is when you can't sleep. You start mulling over your projects and come up with ideas. I couldn't find any 1/8" bias tape, so I was trying to think about what to do. I came up with satin stitching on the curved pieces. I had a tape for the straight ones.
I got up that morning and tried the satin stitch. I must pull at my fabric because I couldn't get the stitching close enough. So much for my nighttime great idea.
Then I bumped into some black fusable interfacing fabric that I have. I cut narrow strips and put it on a shepherd's shoe. It worked perfectly. Then I got on a roll. And now you can see how it looks so far.
And it is so much fun to do. I was getting excited as I saw it coming so nicely together. So far, there has been no sewing in this project, just cutting and pressing.